What we do
At Cloudward Consulting our mission is to help people navigate the perilous journey from the 'old ways' to the 'brave new world'. It's a big job, and one that can be very daunting to those just starting out. Our primary focus is Microsoft's 'modern workplace' stack, and we help people to embrace technologies such as Teams, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Azure Virtual Desktop / Windows 365 and IaaS / PaaS platforms, as well as 'low code' business automation solutions including Power Automate and Logic Apps.
One of the most important things we do is sit down with our customers and show them what that word soup means in real life. We find out how each client works and make sure that technical solutions are right-sized, fit for purpose and actually make sense before we make a single change.
We are based near London but provide services to customers all over the world. One of the best parts of moving to the cloud is that it doesn't matter where you are. If you've got an internet connection, you're good to go!
How we do it
We work with our customers to map out 'as is' and 'to be' technologies, and the optimal number of steps required to complete the task. (Hint - it's very rarely one!) We create a concise roadmap document that outlines each step, the impact of each change to users and the overall environment, and the conditions required for the next task.
For example, users with a traditional 'on-prem' Active Directory and domain joined devices will need to go through a number of stages before they're fully cloud hosted:
- Identify user data and shared data
- Identify applications, versions, licences
- Identify corporate and personal devices with access to corporate networks and data
- Migrate data to OneDrive for Business / SharePoint Online
- Identify critical, classified, and protected data and apply policies as required
- Potentially create a data lifecycle policy and long-term archive storage
- Create 'modern workplace' Azure AD / Office 365 environment
- Create application packages and deployment plans
- Create security environment and policies
- Create automated build and security enrolment process